It’s Time To Get Your Oil Change In Jasper, GA
As a kid, you most likely found yourself in the passenger seat, daydreaming of the time when you will finally become an adult and drive your own car. But being responsible for your car entails much more than just filling it with gas. You need to take it in for regular maintenance which also includes oil change in Jasper.
If you believe that you can skip or delay oil changes, let us clear that misconception for you. Even though other things need to be checked and fixed in your car every so often, a regular oil change in Jasper is one of the most important in terms of maintenance.
What Is An Oil Change?
The old oil is removed from the vehicle’s engine and fresh oil is added instead during your vehicle’s oil change. Usually, the oil filter is also changed simultaneously. Let us break down why this oil change in Jasper is essential to the smooth performance and longevity of your car and its engine.
How Often Do I Need An Oil Change In Jasper?
As for how often the oil should be changed in Jasper is dependent on various factors; including but not limited to where you live and how you drive. Most mechanics recommend getting it changed every 3,000 miles. The owner’s manual often recommends around 5,000 miles but if you use synthetic oil, you can even go as long as 10,000 miles without an oil change in Jasper. Usually, every 5,000 miles works perfectly fine for most drivers. If you usually drive at a high speed or in rough terrain or dusty areas, it might be better for you to get it changed more frequently.
Benefits Of An Oil Change In Jasper
There are many reasons that regular filter and oil changes are significant to your car’s well-being:
- Engine Lubrication – Imagine a machine’s moving parts, like the valves, pistons, etc moving at high speeds. A lot of heat is created within the engine when this happens and the engine would wear down if proper lubrication isn’t provided to it.
- Cools The Engine – When parts inside the engine move and are not lubricated appropriately, friction is created which results in heat productions. A sufficient amount of clean oil present in the engine means less friction and a cool engine that won’t overheat as easily, if at all.
- Removes Sludge and Contaminants – Dirt particles can be the death of an engine. If dirt stays within an engine, it can corrode it and shorten its life. Also, over time, the oil breaks down into sludge. To prevent your engine from dying and instead, giving it a long healthy life, you need to ensure oil changes at regular intervals. This would make sure any contaminants, dirt particles, and sludge is removed from your engine.
- Better Gas Mileage – When the engine isn’t appropriately lubricated, the fuel consumption of your vehicle increases. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, if you regularly change your engine oil and filter as well as use the right oil, you can improve gas mileage by 1-2%. At first glance, this percentage doesn’t seem like a lot but an average car can save up to a gallon over the span of a year.
- Vehicle Longevity – The simple fact of the matter is that routine maintenance of your vehicle will make it last longer. Dirty oil doesn’t just affect the performance and make it harder for your car to function but also lowers the fuel economy and power of your vehicle. If your engine has to work extra hard to give an average performance, it would result in more problems down the road and a shorter life. A Jasper oil change can make your vehicle last longer.
- Environmentally Friendly – When heat breaks down the oil, gases are released into the environment. This process also increases the amount of sludge in your engine. The gas that is emitted by your vehicle contains hydrocarbons that are harmful to the environment. By changing your vehicle’s oil regularly, you aren’t just keeping your car safe, but also protecting the air you breathe by polluting less.
- Higher Value at Resale – If you plan on selling your car at any point in the future, it is important to consider the factors that would give you a higher selling price. If your car has been regularly maintained in Jasper, you can get a much higher price at the time of resale. Your car is your investment and it is your responsibility to take care of it so you can get a significant return on your investment.
Get A Professional Oil Change In Jasper, GA
At Tutton CDJR, your Jasper oil change is quick and affordable. Take advantage of our Express Lane auto service and get your oil changed on your time. Or conveniently schedule a service appointment online. Our certified automotive technicians will be professional, efficient, and have you back on your way in no time.